Waiting On Wednesday (55) The 100 by Kass Morgan

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly blog post hosted by Breaking The Spine
For this weeks Waiting On Wednesday I chose The 100 by Kass Morgan.


In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.



Expected Publication: September 3, 2013
_________________________________________
Why Am I Waiting?  
It's been a minute since I've seen a Science Fiction book that really caught my eye. The 100 just sounds incredibly different than most books I've seen in this particular genre lately. Plus I'm a sucker for scenarios where the sole hope of civilazation rests on the shoulders of a few. 
 _________________________________________

That about wraps up my Waiting on Wednesday for this week. Feel free to leave me the link to your Wednesday memes  in the comments below so I can check them out as well! I love reading them all.

Out of curiosity, Will you be picking this book up? What do you think of the cover?
For fun, If you could go into space and pick a new planet to live on, Which would it be & Why?

Comments

  1. I haven't heard of this book before- thanks for placing it on my radar! It's been a while since a YA sci fi caught my attention as well and I really like the plot of this book.

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope you like it when you get the chance to read.

      Delete
  2. Super excited for this one! It is supposed to be a TV show! Love sci-fi/dystopian and the idea of them living in space since Earth is so messed up then having to re-inhabit it.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it?!?! How have I not heard of this! Onward to Google, lol.

      Delete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one. It sounds like a great read!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    New follower.

    Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting that they'd send teens to colonize Earth-hope they're up for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know it's a bit far fetched that the hope of Earth rests in the hands of teenagers but maybe the book has a good reason why no adults go as well.

      Delete
  5. Another book that I haven't heard of. It sounds interesting and somehow new in all the dystopian mess :) Great pick!

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already have this on my TBR Goodreads list, so I'm right there with you! This looks amazing. Plus, I love that the cover is different from other dystopians.

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the cover is such a nice change of pace, I agree.

      Delete
  7. Intriguing. I'd like to see how this story goes. Nice pick!

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks good, and I haven't heard of it yet.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, this looks so good! I didn't know anything about it. Thanks for putting it on my radar. It's on my TBR now :)

    Thanks for stopping by My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great cover, and it sounds like something I would definitely pick up. Awesome pick.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm excited for this one, too. I'll definitely be picking it up and I love the cover. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book sounds so interesting. Great choice

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep seeing this book everywhere, especially now that they're going to make it into a tv show, but I'm just not sold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have no clue how I missed this TV news.

      Delete
  14. Oh my god I know the author of this! I've been hearing about this for what feels like forever and I'm so excited for her that it's almost out and I am so excited to see that you picked it! I am really excited to finally read it.

    My WoW Pick

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this book looks awesome! I just added it to my tbr list. Thank you so much for introducing me to this awesome book and for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Love your blogs look and hope you have an awesome Wednesday and rest of your week!

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, you've found a book that I haven't heard of yet and that I would love! I love when that happens when participating in WoW. This sounds seriously awesome, Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Blood Sweat and Books and taking the time to leave a comment! If you find my posts enjoyable please share, it means so much when you do.

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Party Games by R.L. Stine

Books To Movies Giveaway hop!!

Giveaway: Vamps vs. Zombies Blog Hop!!