Dear Diary: Confessions From A Blogger (12) Bad Reading Habits


We all know what goes on behind the scenes at our own blogs but rarely do we lift the curtain and share those experiences with others. Dear Diary: Confessions From A Blogger stems from the curiosity. This week I want to talk about Bad Reading Habits.

Here is my Confession:
  

I know I've talked about Reading quirks before but today I want to share some of my other "bad" reading habits. I don't have many but the ones that I do are so hard for me to break. In no particular order here they are in all their naughty glory:


1. Breaking the spine- I'm sure I'm not the only one guilty of doing this. You're quietly sitting reading when something comes up where you need to put the book down. Rather than grabbing a bookmark or something else to hold the spot you flip the book upside down and let gravity keep your place. I know it is awful to set a book down this way as it weakens the glue holding the spine together yet I can't seem to help myself. 

2.Dog Ear pages- I have gotten better at avoiding this one but if I'm in a hurry I will still do it. Oddly enough I never do this with hardbacks only paperbacks. Maybe because I know the hardcovers cost more *shrugs*. Still I need to remind myself that if I want my books to last I really need to stop doing it. I've actually had the bent spot break off before :(  I felt so awful when it happened. Like I hurt the books feelings by harming it. Yes, books have feelings Didn't you know that?!?

3.Highlighting paperbacks- I know you probably think this chick is crazy doing that but at least hear me out. My name is Kristin and I'm a quoteaholic. Anytime a book has a particularly lovely quote I want to remember I've been known in the past to bust out the highlighter. I used to have shelves full of marked books with highlighted passages. Of course with the advent of E-books and Goodreads this has gone down considerably. I still do it on occasion with physical books but I've gotten way better about using pencils that can be erased instead of day glow pink or yellow highlighters.



Now that you've read my confession, Tell me some of yours:

What is your worst bad reading habit? 
Have you ever taken a highlighter to your books?
If yes, Which book?
If no, How do you keep track of quotes or passages you want to remember?

Leave your responses in the comments below, I love reading them. Have a question? Leave that as well and I'll try and answer it.
_________________________________________
That about wraps up this weeks confessions from a blogger.  Thanks for stopping by and reading,sharing, or commenting on this post. As always, it is appreciated.

Comments

  1. Wow-I am so freaked out right now! I don't do any of those things to books although I do have some older books that have broken spines just because they were read so many times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten better about doing them, honest!!

      Delete
  2. Ok I admit it I admit it...OCCCASSIONALY I flip the book upside down to hold my place....so I've cracked a spine or two. But this is rare! haha
    NEVER NEVER DOG EAR!!! I used to highlight books until I got goodreads and now I do an update into my phone app with the quote I like so that way it's saved FOREVER and I don't have to hunt for it MUUWHAHAHAHAHAAH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Blood Sweat and Books and taking the time to leave a comment! If you find my posts enjoyable please share, it means so much when you do.

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Party Games by R.L. Stine

Books To Movies Giveaway hop!!

Giveaway: Vamps vs. Zombies Blog Hop!!