Zurvival Saturday (46) Review: End Dayz by Kellie Sheridan



For this week's Zurvival Saturday I will be reviewing the Short Story Prequel End Dayz by Kellie Sheridan.

Add To Goodreads
Author: Kellie Sheridan
Title: End Dayz
Series: The Hitchhiker Strain 0.5
Genre: Horror, Young Adult, Zombies, Post-Apocalyptic
Format: E-Book
Copy Provided By: Purchased
Publication Date: January 5,2013
Rating:★★★★ 

Buy It Now:
Amazon

It's month after the dead first began to walk. The miracle vaccine that was supposed to save us all has failed.

Now, four teens fight to stay alive as a stronger, smarter breed of zombie begins to appear, threatening to end humanity for good.


* Four short stories, 11,000 words total.




Review:

Normally I don't take the time to formally review short stories on the blog preferring short reviews on the site I purchased instead. However, since I planned on reading the main storyline I figured I'd break habit this time.  End Dayz comes in at barely 30 pages but it was sooo good I didn't actually feel I was reading a short story. The story is broken up into 4 parts each following what I assume will be a main character in the first book Mortality.

I was hooked from the first page. The writing was smooth and just flowed across the page. I never expected a short story to have world building but this one did! I am in love, I tell you. I don't want to give away to much but its interesting that the characters have already survived the plague once and now have to again but under much different and more terrifying circumstances. I also enjoyed the diary/journal format of this short story. I felt I saw inside each character thoughts more  than if it was just told in traditional format.

Overall, this was a great short story and I cannot wait to start in on Mortality. I definitely recommend picking this one up. I doubt you'll be disappointed. In the end I will be rating End Dayz by Kellie Sheridan ★★★★.

Now For This Weeks Questions:
Have you heard of this series before? If so, Do you plan on reading it? Would you be able to handle going through a Zombie Apocalypse not just once but twice?!?!
Leave your answer in the comments below. I love reading your responses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Party Games by R.L. Stine

Books To Movies Giveaway hop!!

Giveaway: Vamps vs. Zombies Blog Hop!!