Waiting On Wednesday (45) The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly blog post hosted by Breaking The Spine. For this week's Waiting On Wednesday I chose *drumroll* The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams.


(The Haven)

Author: Carol Lynch Williams
Page Count: 224
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin

Expected Publication:April 9,2013

For the teens at The Haven, the outside world, just beyond the towering stone wall that surrounds the premises, is a dangerous unknown. It has always been this way, ever since the hospital was established in the year 2020. But The Haven is more than just a hospital; it is their home. It is all they know. Everything is strictly monitored: education, exercise, food, and rest. The rules must be followed to keep the children healthy, to help control the Disease that has cast them as Terminals, the Disease that claims limbs and lungs—and memories.

But Shiloh is different; she remembers everything. Gideon is different, too. He dreams of a cure, of rebellion against the status quo. What if everything they’ve been told is a lie? What if The Haven is not the safe place it claims to be? And what will happen if Shiloh starts asking dangerous questions?


Why Am I Waiting
Sometimes it truly just comes down to a book sounding good. The aspect of The Haven sorta reminds me of the town from The Forests of Hands and Teeth so I suppose that plays a part into why I'm intrigued by this one. Plus who doesn't like Dystopians with a Viral twist, I know I do!!

Out of curiosity, Have you heard of The Haven? If so, Do you plan on reading it? What do you think of the premise? Let me Know In The Comments Below! I love reading your responses.

_____________________________________________

That about wraps up my Waiting on Wednesday for this week. Feel free to leave me the link to your Wednesday memes so I can check them out as well!

Comments

  1. Love dystopians with a viral twist! I just know there is more going on with why these kids are locked up and what is going on outside of The Haven!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you just know something sinister is probably behind it.

      Delete
  2. Oh i love dystopians with a viral twist!! :) This one is new for me so I'm really curious about it :) I can't wait to see reviews for it. Great pick.

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a cool cover! i like the sound of it too.

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of The Haven. It sounds great, but I'm so dystopian leery now. I'll pick it up if gets some great reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually haven't heard of this before, so thanks for bringing it to my attention. It does sorta have a TFoHaT vibe to it, doesn't it? I'm trying not to add any more dystopians to my TBR because it is so ripe with that sub-genre already, but sometimes, a book just sounds too good to pass up. :) Thanks for sharing & stopping by my WoW! Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye, it does. I'm always on the lookout for more Dystopians as I quite like the genre but its becoming harder and harder to find one with romance mixed into it and that makes me sad :(
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my WoW.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds chilling...and like a real page turner. Thanks for sharing...love the cover.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had this on my tbr for quite a while and I can't wait to read it! Thanks for sharing.
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the creepy cover! I will definitely add this one to my list. Great choice!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of it but totally sound intriguing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had this as a WoW pick a while back and I can't wait for it either. Not a long wait now. Great pick..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo, I like the sound of this one! I still haven't read TFoHaT, but I have it and can't wait to dig in. Looks like I'll need to add The Haven to my list, too. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard much about this one yet.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes and this one does sound good!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of this one before, but I'm definitely intrigued! Thanks for sharing! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, this one is new to me so thanks for putting it on my radar! Adding it to my tbr now. VERY intriguing, I have to say. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to read this one too. Plus I heard some really good things on the author. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read them before but they have a couple other books that look good as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Blood Sweat and Books and taking the time to leave a comment! If you find my posts enjoyable please share, it means so much when you do.

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Party Games by R.L. Stine

Books To Movies Giveaway hop!!

Giveaway: Vamps vs. Zombies Blog Hop!!