Waiting On Wednesday (41)


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly blog post hosted by Breaking The Spine. For this week's Waiting On Wednesday I chose *drumroll* Antigoddess by Kendare Blake



(Antigoddess)

Author: Kendare Blake
Page Count: 352
Publisher: Tor Teen
Expected Publication:
September 10,2013
Old Gods never die…

Or so Athena thought. But then the feathers started sprouting beneath her skin, invading her lungs like a strange cancer, and Hermes showed up with a fever eating away his flesh. So much for living a quiet eternity in perpetual health.

Desperately seeking the cause of their slow, miserable deaths, Athena and Hermes travel the world, gathering allies and discovering enemies both new and old. Their search leads them to Cassandra—an ordinary girl who was once an extraordinary prophetess, protected and loved by a god.

These days, Cassandra doesn’t involve herself in the business of gods—in fact, she doesn’t even know they exist. But she could be the key in a war that is only just beginning.

Because Hera, the queen of the gods, has aligned herself with other of the ancient Olympians, who are killing off rivals in an attempt to prolong their own lives. But these anti-gods have become corrupted in their desperation to survive, horrific caricatures of their former glory. Athena will need every advantage she can get, because immortals don’t just flicker out.

Every one of them dies in their own way. Some choke on feathers. Others become monsters. All of them rage against their last breath.

The Goddess War is about to begin.

Why Am I Waiting
Warring Gods whose Immortality is running out count me in. This book just sounds fabulous. To bad I'll have to wait until September to read.

That wraps up my Waiting on Wednesday, leave me the link to yours so I can check it out as well! Have you heard of this book? If so, Do you plan on reading it? What do you think of the cover? Let me Know In The Comments Below! I love reading your responses.



Comments

  1. I really enjoyed Anna Dressed in Blood and look forward to more from this author. I love Greek mythology so I'm sure I'll enjoy this series as well.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice!! This book sounds totally freaking awesome. Just the name makes me want to read it. I haven't read the Anna series but I will DEFINITELY be reading this book!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want so bad!!! I loved her Anna books and can't wait to see what she does with mythology! Great pick! Thanks for sharing. Here's my WoW this week! Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I really hope I manage to snag an Arc of this just so I don't have to wait til September :P

      Delete
  4. This sounds so good and the cover really pulls me in!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeep I can't wait for this one either I Will read anything this woman writes!! <3 And everyone says they're no t a fan of this cover but I love it for some reason. I love the simplicity and darkish tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I quite love the cover myself. The falling feather with the tiny drop of blood is quite ominous.

      Delete
  6. This one is also on my list! I can't wait to read it and I hope I'll enjoy it as much as enjoyed Anna :) Great pick and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The time will fly by, Kristin....hope you love it! And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the upside it comes out just slightly after my birthday so I'll at least know one present I want if asked.

      Delete
  8. I almost made this my WOW for this week. It sounds awesome. Can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cover is very unsettling, for some reason. I think it's the drop of blood...I have heard of this book, and I believe it's already on my Goodreads list! Great choice.

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kendare Blake is one of my favorite authors! I loved Anna Dressed in Blood, and I bet that Antigoddess is another with really vivid detail and a great plot line! It sure sounds interesting! Great pick!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cover is great.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kendare Blake is awesome and I can't wait to see what shes got in store for us!

    Sam @ Falling Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so looking forward to this one - I love Kendare! Fabulous pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover for Antigoddess is simple yet stunning. I love Kendare's books!! :) What a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eeep! Yes! I totally agree with your WoW pick this week. I loved Anna Dressed in Blood and Girl of Nightmares. They were so different and the narration was fantastic. I love Greek mythology and the concept for this book sounds so interesting.
    Cheers!

    Millie @ Millie D's Words

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome choice! Kendare Blake really knows how to bring it and I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us. Greek mythology....hello, need I say anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have not come across this book before. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Does look good! Love the Greek gods.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice pick. I really enjoyed her Anna series, and will definitely give this book a try, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Blood Sweat and Books and taking the time to leave a comment! If you find my posts enjoyable please share, it means so much when you do.

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Party Games by R.L. Stine

Books To Movies Giveaway hop!!

Giveaway: Vamps vs. Zombies Blog Hop!!