Shift by M.R. Merrick - Review


M.R. Merrick
Publication Date: February 1,2012
Page Length: 350
Shift (The Protector #2)
Devastated by a terrible loss, Chase is trying to balance the life he’s been left with, a family he’s still getting to know, and power he never thought he’d have. He doesn’t understand why the Goddess has named him the Protector and granted him two gifts: the Mark, a tattoo that now covers his back, and the ring. But between getting interrogated by the Circle and psychic attacks from Riley, the Mark is the least of his concern. There’s a demon inside Rayna that’s fighting to be released, and it’s not her inner witch. It’s something else—a monster threatening to tear her apart.

As Chase struggles to control his magic, his enemies are closing in. Everyone has staked a claim on his ring, and destroying it may be his only chance to stop Riley. But Chase must decide if stopping him is worth risking the lives of everyone he cares about, or if protecting the ring will be enough to save his world.


Review:

One word, Chase. Simply put I love this character. Chase is strong, brave and yet due to certain events that take place his lot in life is complicated heartbreaking as well. Nevertheless I was strongly pleased with the direction his character went in and dare I say it but I think I liked him more this go round than I did in Exiled (which considering he was my favorite says a lot). The death of a certain character (won't spoil for you) while tragic brought out the best in him in my opinion.

Rayna again proved to be a very close second in the favorite characters department. She is strong, spunky and just all around a bad ass chick. I especially enjoyed the intimate scenes she shared with Chase. You can really see the bond the two have and it's quite magical.

The writing again is seriously flawless. M.R. Merrick has this knack for just making things feel so real. I can picture everything so clearly, like I am watching it on the big screen. Speaking of which, When the heck is this series being made into a movie. This needs to happen!!

Overall this was a great book, I was entertained from start to finish. The character development is perfect and like I said above the writing is flawless. My only small gripes come from lack of certain characters. While I understand why they aren't present it still makes me miss them. I am highly encouraging you to pick this up and give it a go. I will be rating Shift by M.R. Merrick ★★★★. Worth a read, worth the price and definitely worth your time!

Comments

  1. I'm always seeing this author's books around! This one sounds like an awesome read I'm totally going to have to check it out. Great review :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should check him out. The way he crafts the story is magical and I don't give compliments like that lightly.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Blood Sweat and Books and taking the time to leave a comment! If you find my posts enjoyable please share, it means so much when you do.

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Party Games by R.L. Stine

Books To Movies Giveaway hop!!

Giveaway: Vamps vs. Zombies Blog Hop!!