Crossing The Rubicon by R.C. Richter- Review

"Every story has a beginning and an end. What lies between these two points is the journey."


Crossing The Rubicon
Author: R.C. Richter
Publication Date: September 13,2012
Page Length: 322

Every story has a beginning and an end. What lies between these two points is the journey. Crossing the Rubicon is the story of seven remarkable teens as they survive the unbelievable.

What started out as a simple weekend trip exploring the Chungo caves, became a journey which took them back 275 years in time, had them cross multiple continents, and stretched them to their....

I received this book for review through Netgalley though have since purchased my own copy. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for providing them.

Review:

As heartbreaking as it is uplifting Crossing The Rubicon is a book everyone should read at least once. This book was narrated beautifully. I felt as if I was granted a rare glimpse into a diary that was never meant to be shared. I laughed, I cried and at times I even became angry yet.....I couldn't put this book down. I devoured the pages and hung onto them as if teetering on a thin wire hanging over some dark chasm that threatened to swallow me whole if I didn't proceed. Yes, the book was just that dang good.

I loved how the Author put such a unique spin on time travel. The journey the group goes on is very "real" and the places they visit for the most part do exist. I also appreciated that the Author kept the characters humble. They didn't walk around like they knew everything or were better than the people they encountered. No, these characters behaved exactly as I imagine any of us would thrust into a time and place we knew nothing(or very little) about.

In the end the story isn't perfect but in some ways its flaws are part of the charm. With that being said I will be rating Crossing The Rubicon by R.C. Richter ★★★★.

Want to learn What happened to Andy? Follow the link below to find out!
http://www.RCRichter.com/Andy

Want more Crossing The Rubicon? Check Out The Trailer Below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Party Games by R.L. Stine

Books To Movies Giveaway hop!!

Giveaway: Vamps vs. Zombies Blog Hop!!