Waiting On Wednesday (34)



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly blog post hosted by Breaking The Spine. For this week's Waiting On Wednesday I chose *drumroll* Taken by Erin Bowman


Author: Erin Bowman
Publisher: Harper Teen
Goodreads Page:Click Here

Expected Publication: April 16, 2013
There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends...and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?

Why Am I Waiting

This book sounds fantastic and very different from books of late. I want to know why no men exist in town past 18 and What exactly is outside those walls. More importantly I guess are all the women OK with this set up or are they as much victims as the men who vanish.

That wraps up my Waiting on Wednesday, leave me the link to yours so I can check it out as well! Have you heard of this book before? What do you think of the cover? Let me Know In The Comments Below! I love reading your responses.

Comments

  1. I am waiting on this one as well! Gorgeous cover! And intriguing mystery of why and where these boys go when they turn 18?!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like I've been waiting forever for this! Great pick!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo excited for Taken. Such a different premise from everything out there right now...I'm ready for something new and this one sounds AWESOME! And I LOVE that cover! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent pick! I can't wait for this one, it looks awesome. And I love the cover so much!

    My WoW

    Tiffany @ Book Cover Justice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes I can't wait to read this one either! :) Sounds really good and interesting. Greta pick and thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds great! It's been one of those weeks where I can really get on board with boys disappearing and a man-free town ;) Awesome pick! Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice! I agree that it does sound quite different from a lot of books that have been released lately. And that cover... AWESOME! I definitely want to read this one. :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo. I've never heard of this book but this sound again very different from what I have read before! So I will be interested to see what its like when it comes out! :)

    New Follower. Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only saw this one the other day but I'm already obsessively stalking it! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm waiting on this one as well! Great pick!

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic pick. I also have it on my tbr and can't wait for it to come out!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.
    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard of this before but it definitely sounds like one I will love! Adding it to the ever growing list!

    Come check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Blood Sweat and Books and taking the time to leave a comment! If you find my posts enjoyable please share, it means so much when you do.

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Party Games by R.L. Stine

Books To Movies Giveaway hop!!

Giveaway: Vamps vs. Zombies Blog Hop!!