Exiled by M.R. Merrick- Review


M.R. Merrick
Publication Date: April 12th,2012
Page Length: 264
Exiled (The Protector #1)
Chase Williams is a demon hunter in the Circle, or at least he was supposed to be. On his fifteenth birthday, Chase stepped up to the altar to claim his elemental power, but it never came. Elemental magic is passed down to a hunter through the bloodline, but on Chase's birthday, the bloodline stopped.

Exiled without the Circle's protection, Chase has spent two years trying to survive a world riddled with half-demons and magic. When he has a run in with a frightened and seemingly innocent demon, he learns the Circle's agenda has changed: the Circle plans to unlock a portal and unleash pure-blood demons into the world. Vowing to stop them, and knowing he can't do it alone, Chase forms a reluctant alliance with Rayna — a sexy witch with an attitude and a secret.

In their attempt to stop them, Chase and Rayna find themselves in the middle of the Circle's plan, leaving one of them to decide what their friendship is worth, and the other's life depending on it.


Review:

Simply put I loved this book! Demons, high action and a great plot combined to make the Unholy trinity that is Exiled. I honestly cannot believe I waited so long to read this. Engrossing doesn't begin to describe the events that took place within the pages. While I didn't read Exiled in one sitting I easily could of. M.R. Merrick seems to have a limitless imagination and that certainly made for a great read. Not only was the plot solidly developed but the twists really kept me on my toes. I love when a book genuinely surprises me and believe me Exiled did.

Chase was my favorite character the relationship he has with his mother had me laughing and you could see the strong bond between the two. I can't wait to see more of Rayna in the second book. If I had to list my favorite characters in order she would be a very close second. It's great finally seeing a heroine who can keep up with the boys in terms of badassness. Rayna was strong, brave, smart and sassy. I really enjoyed all the scenes involving her. Don't worry though all the secondary characters are given the same attention to character building as the main cast and provide some of the best scenes in the whole book.

Overall Exiled by M.R. Merrick was a great read. If you enjoy Urban Fantasy with Paranormal Elements than I highly suggest picking this up and giving it a go. I will be rating Exiled by M.R. Merrick ★★★★★. Worth a read, worth the price and definitely worth your time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Party Games by R.L. Stine

Books To Movies Giveaway hop!!

Giveaway: Vamps vs. Zombies Blog Hop!!