Waiting On Wednesday (16)



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly blog post hosted by Breaking The Spine. For this week's Waiting On Wednesday I chose *drumroll* Breathe by Sarah Crossan.

Inhale. Exhale. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe . . .

The world is dead.
The survivors live under the protection of Breathe, the corporation that found a way to manufacture oxygen-rich air.

ALINA
has been stealing for a long time. She’s a little jittery, but not terrified. All she knows is that she’s never been caught before. If she’s careful, it’ll be easy. If she’s careful.

QUINN
should be worried about Alina and a bit afraid for himself, too, but even though this is dangerous, it’s also the most interesting thing to happen to him in ages. It isn’t every day that the girl of your dreams asks you to rescue her.

BEA
wants to tell him that none of this is fair; they’d planned a trip together, the two of them, and she’d hoped he’d discover her out here, not another girl.

And as they walk into the Outlands with two days’ worth of oxygen in their tanks, everything they believe will be shattered. Will they be able to make it back? Will they want to?
Expected Publication: October 2,2012
Publisher: Green Willow
Author: Sarah Crossan
Goodreads Page: Click Here


Why am I waiting?
This book sounds so good. I mean if people are trapped under a dome they really wouldn't know if anything existed beyond it which obviously means the corporations running the domed city stay in complete control. I think it will be interesting to see what exactly exists outside the dome and also how the characters deal with all of that.


That wraps up my Waiting on Wednesday, leave me the link to yours so I can check it out as well! Have you heard of this book before? Would you be adventurous enough to venture outside the protection of the dome? Let me Know In The Comments Below! I love reading your responses.

Comments

  1. Great pick! I'm excited for Breathe, too! Corporations controlling the availability of breathable air? Domes? A trek to see what's out there? Count me in! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post! Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes fantastic pick! I want to read this one soooooo bad! Love the cover and the story sounds so original and different...want want want WANT!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this book will be great to. Looking forward to reading it. Excellent pick. Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pick. Sort of reminds me of Under the Never Sky. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, I don't think I could leave the dome if I lived there. I'd be too freaked out. Sounds like a good story though...I hadn't heard of it before, so thanks for sharing. And I love the name Quinn for a boy. :)

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Quinn works for a boy just as easily as a girl. It's a great name! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I have seen this book around and I love the cover! Great pick! Also, I love your blog name!

    My WOW: youngadultbookhaven.blogspot.com

    your newest follower,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for this one either! I'm a dystopian freak through and through :))
    Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dying to read this one. The synopsis is really great and look at the cover, it's really awesome. Great pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard much about this book but just from the blurb I know I want to read it, I like the cover as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool dystopian pick! I love the cover and the synopsis is even better.

    My Wow

    Jessica @ Books: A true story

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love dystopian stories! Great pick :D I am also looking forward for this. -TheUnseelieNerd

    http://www.bookwhales.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Blood Sweat and Books and taking the time to leave a comment! If you find my posts enjoyable please share, it means so much when you do.

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Party Games by R.L. Stine

Books To Movies Giveaway hop!!

Giveaway: Vamps vs. Zombies Blog Hop!!