Waiting On Wednesday (15)



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly blog post hosted by Breaking The Spine. For this week's Waiting On Wednesday I chose *drumroll* Dualed by Elsie Chapman.

Would you live through the ultimate test of survival?


Expected Publication: February 26,2013
Publisher: Random House
Author: Elsie Chapman
Goodreads Page: Click Here


The city of Kersh is a safe haven, but the price of safety is high. Everyone has a genetic Alternate—a twin raised by another family—and citizens must prove their worth by eliminating their Alts before their twentieth birthday. Survival means advanced schooling, a good job, marriage—life.

Fifteen-year-old West Grayer has trained as a fighter, preparing for the day when her assignment arrives and she will have one month to hunt down and kill her Alt. But then a tragic misstep shakes West's confidence. Stricken with grief and guilt, she's no longer certain that she's the best version of herself, the version worthy of a future. If she is to have any chance of winning, she must stop running not only from her Alt, but also from love . . . though both have the power to destroy her.

Elsie Chapman's suspenseful debut weaves unexpected romance into a novel full of fast-paced action and thought-provoking philosophy. When the story ends, discussions will begin about this future society where every adult is a murderer and every child knows there is another out there who just might be better.

Why am I waiting?

This book sounds amazing!!!! I can't even begin to fathom a society who would raise a clone just to see if the original wants life badly enough to kill it. Really, good job to the Author thinking up something so original and twisted *clap,clap* I hope they make a Book trailer for Dualed so we can see the story in action and whet our appetites even more!!


That wraps up my Waiting on Wednesday, leave me the link to yours so I can check it out as well! Have you heard of this book before? Do you think you could kill a genetic copy of yourself? Let me Know In The Comments Below! I love reading your responses.

Comments

  1. Awesome pick! I've added it to my TBR... looks really good. New follower :)

    My WOW:
    http://bookruckus.blogspot.ca/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-8-carnival-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, thanks so much for picking DUALED as your WoW for the week! So excited for Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh HAY THERE TWIN! I picked the same one too! (Does that mean we're Alts? Do we have to fight to the death now? I'll kick your butt!... Just kidding.)

    What do you mean about the locusts?

    Happy WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh oops forgot to correct that question lol. That's embarrassing.

      Delete
  4. Great pick! I'm waiting on this one as well. Having to kill yourself but maybe your other self isn't the bad one. Crazy!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want this one now! This sounds really interesting. Great pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! This book sounds sooooooooo freaking amazing! You're right, that premise is so original. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for this now! Pick of the day right here! :P

    Here’s my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds SOOOO tempting! Love that cover, too.

    BTW...your WOW logo is gorgeous....

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered this one today, really great pick. Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks awesome! It's new to me..so great pick and thanks for sharing it. Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely a unique concept. Great pick!

    Thanks for visiting my Wow earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. omgggggg I totally got awestruck with the cover and the synopsis? oh dear I'm adding this on one my tbr pile! Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the 5th time I've seen this book on this weeks WoWs lol - It's official, I am getting it lol. Thanks for sharing! :)

    - New follower

    See my Waiting on Wednesday Here
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow!

      I haven't ran across it yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time lol.

      Delete
  13. New Follower. Sounds like a good book choice.
    --Jenese

    http://Readersconfession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never saw this one before today and it sounds SOOO cool! Definitely my type of read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? I'd imagine you'd be the first to sniff this book out.

      Delete
  15. Sounds like a great pick.

    http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice pick, this one is pretty popular and I can understand why ^^

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-13-adrienne-stoltz.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice pick. It's not someehing I would choose, but I definitely see the appeal for a lot of readers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool! This is another dystopian but i still like them... i mean ther are so many now after the Hunger Games.. i will stop rambling now but this does sound interesting! my WoW is http://ilovebooksclub101.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-2-bea-style.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read what I like, don't really care if it is trendy or not :)

      Delete
  19. Ommg! This book looks awesome! Thanks so much for picking it so I could add it to my to-read list :)
    ------
    Giselle from booknerd.ca
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome pick! I can't wait to read this book too :D Lots of people are waiting on it this wednesday! I'm looking forward to more reviews for it coming out too cause it sounds awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    - Kim (new follower)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      You know I still have not come across it lol, must just be skipping over the blogs with it. I'll take you word for it though.

      Delete
  21. Wow, this looks awesome! Such an original idea, I'm adding this to my list :)

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dualed looks great. I love the cover, and the synopsis. Definitely going to read this one when it comes out!

    Take a look at my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Blood Sweat and Books and taking the time to leave a comment! If you find my posts enjoyable please share, it means so much when you do.

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Party Games by R.L. Stine

Books To Movies Giveaway hop!!

Giveaway: Vamps vs. Zombies Blog Hop!!