Zurvival Saturday (6)


For this Weeks Zurvival Saturday I will be talking about my Favorite Zombie Video Games. I have quite a few but I whittled it down to my Top 5 and the reasons why I love them.

1.) Resident Evil 4
Release Date: October 25,2005
Platforms: GameCube, PS2, PC later additions include Wii, Xbox 360,PS3 as well as Ipad,Iphone
Developers: Capcom Production Studio 4
Published: Capcom

I loved this Game and still do (PS3 High Def upgrade was sweet). When the 4th came out I knew I had to pick it up. This game had it all Horror, Suspense and a pretty decently written script cough I'm looking at you code veronica. Another reason (excuse me while I fangirl) Leon S. Kennedy. He can save me from a Zombie Apocalypse any day (well him and Daryl Dixon).


2.)Release Date: August 8, 2006
Platfrom: Xbox 360
Developers: Capcom Studio 1
Publishers: Capcom

This is a great game. Frank West, the character you play as is a normal everyday citizen, who uses his whits and skills to survive the Zombie hordes that have taken over the fictional town of Williamette, Colorado. Time in the game was unique in that it passes twelve times faster in-game which meant after roughly six hours straight gameplay you'd be done. Another cool feature is the many weapons you can choose. I think the game had over 250 you could choose. One thing I did not like about this game is it's playability on non HD screens. I couldn't read the text and the game sat in the box a good two years til I bought a 42 inch HD tv and finally got to play it properly.



3.)Release Date: October 18,2005
Platforms: Xbox, Mac, Windows
Developers: Wideload
Publisher: Aspyr

This is cheesetastic fun at its best. Stubbs is a depression era traveling salesman who gets killed by an angry father when he's found consorting with his daughter. Years later he rises from the grave a zombie and that's where the fun begins. This is the first game I played where I was the Zombie. It was so much fun directing Zombie hordes, passing deadly flatulence and of course eating tasty brains. I believe you can download the game from the Xbox 360 Marketplace.



4.)Release Date: November 2008
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Xbox 360
Developers: Turtle Rock Studios, Certain Affinity, Valve Corporation
Publisher: Valve Corporation

This was a great story and it introduced us to some pretty gnarly zombies. Take for instance the Boomer, a bloated infectious zombie who literally vomits bile over you attracting zombie hordes. I also really enjoyed the storyline and especially the cutscenes. It's a face pace, stress inducing ride with great playability and one I really enjoy going back to.



5.Last but certainly not least. I want to give a nod to the Call of Duty World at War and Black Ops add-ons. I've played the majority of them and they are filled with some darn good zombie killing. One of My favorites is Call of the Dead starring Danny Trejo, Robert Englund, Michael Rooker, Sarah Michelle Gellar and the master himself George Romero.



Well there you have it my Top Zombie Games. Yours not on the list? Let me know what it is in the comments below.

If you would like to participate in this or any upcoming Zurvival Saturdays, grab the button below and link me in the comments so I can check it out.

Zurvival Saturday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Party Games by R.L. Stine

Books To Movies Giveaway hop!!

Giveaway: Vamps vs. Zombies Blog Hop!!